when the bee stings



oh silly bee
please don't sting me
i'm minding my own business
mind yours

do not make me scream 
at my son's tennis match
this is not the place to make a scene
and yet
i scream
everyone looks
i keep my language clean
~ thank goodness ~
coach comes running
assistant coach does too
everyone is looking
now what do i do?

just need some ice
i'm allergic 
but not like that
nobody panic
but me 
of course
on the inside
i know the swelling is coming
the itching
the benadryl
the big 
swollen
feverish
leg

its been 15 years 
since one of your little friends did this to me
i've kept you at a safe distance
i've killed a few of your friends
and told them to go tell their friends
not to mess with me

yesterday?
i was not so lucky
you snuck up on me
i didn't see it coming

c'mon
there is no time for this
go find yourself a flower

how can one little insect
inflict so much venom?
how can one big human
be hurt so bad by one little pesky bee?

 i should be mowing our lawn
instead i'm sitting here on my la-z-boy
feeling snowed on benadryl
ice pack on my leg
writing about you 

i think you might be dead
is that true?
do bees really die when they sting you?

why did i dress lance up like a bee?
that one halloween?
i thought he was so cute
didn't even think about just how evil he was

i know
i know 
we can't live without you
i need to respect you
bee thankful for you
~ see what i did there? ~
stop slandering you
if i can't say something nice
right?

ok
you won this one
little bee
dead or not
you got me
you got me good
i will tell my friends






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

His Grace is ENOUGH for me!