It's 6:30 am.
The sun is peeking through our window.
There are 3 baby robins that are chirping and will not shut up. 
They are happy to be alive, I think.
I am happy to have them on our front porch, I think. 
Looks to be a beautiful day. 
Coffee would be nice to start. 
Kev sleeps. 
Puppy is sleeping in my arms as I type.
Alayna is home. 
Her pictures from out West are insane.
And I think to myself...
What a wonderful world 🎤.
Sometimes, in these past few years, I have wondered if God even exists.
I know right?
Not a question a 46 year old lover of Jesus should be asking.
But I have.
So I pray.
To the God I am questioning. 
He answers.
Not in a big strong God voice. 
But with sweet baby robins.
Blue skies early on a Sunday morning in May.
And a peace that I don't understand.
He is here. 
He loves us.
He comforts us
Even when we question.
I honestly believe He is the one who gave me this crazy, philosophical, questioning mind. 
I hear a train.
Music to my ears.
Grew up with no air conditioning and close to a train track. 
Pretty sure God speaks through trains as well.
Time to stand up.
Head downstairs.
Take my anti-depressant.
Just keeping it real.
Church picnic today. 
Cornbread and Coleslaw.
Can't wait to hang out with friends.
I hear sirens.
The world is broken.
People are hurting.
Jesus, draw near to us today.
Even as we question and doubt.
Thank you for loving us in the midst. 
I will stop typing.
You keep on reminding us. 
All of us. 
You are real.
You are here.
You are LOVE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today