Goodbye 1123 Schultz Street

We leave for Defiance on Wednesday.
 It doesn't even seem real yet.
Going to pack up Mom and Dad and bring them back here to live with us.
This house will be ready for them...  we have moved our bedrooms all around to prepare.
I am ready to have them here... Kevin is ready... the kids are ready...
I think Mom and Dad are ready :)

But, am I ready to say goodbye to 1123 Schultz St???
So many priceless memories...
card games in the kitchen,
jumping on our trampoline,
practicing the baton on the sidewalk,
Punkie's chili for ANYONE who happened to stop by,
and the list goes on....

So... if you are around D-Town this week, stop by and say "Hi"!
Mom and Dad would love it...
We kids will be working hard and laughing hard, as we
revisit  precious memories in our little brick home.
Did we really ALL live in a 3 bedroom/1 bath house???

Comments

Linda Patterson said…
Oh My!
I can't believe it! I went through the same "grief" when my parents moved. That was 5 years ago and I still have dreams about the house I grew up in.
Bitter sweet, enjoy the last days, it's so hard to let go.
God Bless! and give my best to your parents!
Linda Meyer Patterson
Michele Martinez said…
The endless amount of ice cream (sometimes freeze dried, but oh well) in the fridge...scattegories at the kitchen table, lots and lots of great memories!
Michele (Soliz) Martinez
Don Nofsinger said…
playing Pool in the basement
Anne Howard said…
I can't tell you how often I drive by that house and wonder how Punky and Orv are doing. I'm glad that they will be happy with family, but also will miss seeing their smiles around town! All the best to all of you. Anne (DeWolfe) Howard
Bart Schwarzbek said…
Wow cannot believe this never seen it before. Today I was remembering all the times there and last time I went by there someone had put a house on our old baseball/football lot. We will all miss Uncle Willie love you all God bless!

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

His Grace is ENOUGH for me!