WE DID IT!

May 25, 2016
Image may contain: 1 person , people smiling



I mean...
He did it :)
Sophomore year complete today.
First "last day of school" pic for the Shock Family.
I was scared to put him in.
He was offered drugs the first two days of school.
He smiled and said "no thanks".
Whew!  
I think I might have said "yes" to them on those first couple of days of my homeschool retirement.
Lots of prayers instead. 
And a new puppy to pass the time.
Little Lance got some very good grades.
All A's
I can't believe that.
I mean...
I can.
He is smart.
But I always felt as a homeschool mom that I never did enough. 
There is some encouragement for all you homeschool moms out there.
It just kinda worked.
Scratch that.
It really did work.
And public school works too! 
When he is done today.
We get to enjoy the summer.
And not feel guilty for all I didn't do and still need to do for homeschooling.
Does that even make sense??? 
All of that to say... 
We have survived.
Sophomore year at Snider.
I now have Snider t-shirts.
And sweatshirts.
And I'm looking for a decal to put on the back of our van.
I'm in.
As of today...
School's out for summer! 🎤
One more thing.
The kid still likes me.
We still chat about life..
And classes..
And baseball..
And Jesus..
And yes.. girls.
A whole lot of times it is late at night.
I'm in bed.
Sleeping.
He walks in and turns on the light.
Yep...
Still not sleeping through the night and my youngest is 16.
All of those nights up with them as babies is just preparing us for the lost sleep as they grow up!  
The days and nights are long.
The years go by so fast. 
May we all enjoy our kids a little more today.
They need to know we enjoy them.
Our God delights in us.
Help me today Lord... 
Delight in them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today