A Tribute... Lori Miller

Momma Lori! What can I say about Momma Lori?

Better known at Blackhawk as "Korban's mom"... and at first that is exactly how I knew her... but when she and David started coming to our small group, all of that quickly changed! It was so nice to have some gray hair in the midst of all of us "20 & 30 somethings"!

She became not only my mentor, but my biggest cheerleader... she so has the gift of encouragement!!!

Kevin and I would go to the Miller's house and sit on the couch and eat some of David's famous popcorn... and just listen to them... ok, maybe I talked a little ;).... they had so much wisdom to pour into us about child rearing, ministry, relationships etc.!

I got to see up close and personal just how Lori could befriend someone at work and bring her into the family of Christ~with Jane Treece. Jane is an amazing testimony of how Lori could love someone and lead her into a vibrant walk with the Lord!

My favorite trait of Lori's is how she could "lovingly" give me a verbal spanking when I would go to her with a problem... and I would literally walk away thinking how awesome that was, and how much I love her!

I remember one time... Kev and I were at the Miller's house and I was telling them how I was worried about a medical test I was going to have later that week. She got all up in my face and told me I had to "shelf it"... meaning put the thought up on the shelf and not think about it until I actually have the test done.... after all, what good is it going to do me to worry? It worked! Kevin still uses that one on me to this day!!! I might be mad at him at the time, but I know it is truth! Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

I love my Momma Lori... I miss her a whole lot! We still talk on the phone, and she still cheers me on to living victoriously In Him!!!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Anonymous said…
Praise God for all these women who are examples in Christ to us!! I second this! Amy Heilshorn

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today