A Tribute To.... Gretchen

This friend came into my life at a time when I was completely OVERWHELMED with little ones, with homeschooling, with housekeeping, and most of all up to my eyeballs in fear!
She had a way of knowing how to get my mind off of my troubles, and she could make me laugh more than anyone I had ever known.

She and her husband Sam had a few years on us... and they were both so good about giving Kev and me HOPE for the future!

Gretchen was (and I am sure still is) the QUEEN of organization! She helped me so much with my house. She would come over and we would just go room by room throwing the junk out! Man, did she laugh at me... especially when she found 50 million wet wipes from KFC stashed in my kitchen drawer :)! I am sure the whole process would have made for a great tv show.

The most important lesson I learned from Gretchen was taught by her example alone. She fasted every Wed. for her children and their spouses. At the time, I thought she was crazy... seemed like we always had the parties with the best food on Wed. nights! She was so faithful with that, and her kids were still so young at the time. Only now, is she beginning to see the fruit of her prayers... and based on my facebook stalking, it looks like those prayers have paid off with Sadie :)!

I thank God often for our friendship, and all that I learned in the midst of all the fun that we had together!

If you read this Gretchen, let's get together the next time I am in D-town -- I would love to grab a Diet Pepsi at KFC and sit and chat about old times... and about God's faithfulness through the years!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today