A Tribute... Cindy Kaelber

Ok... I know the Big Game is only a few hours away, but I want to tell you about my dear precious friend Cindy... and then I promise I will put my "game face" on!

I was just thinking about her a little bit ago, and how she said to us one day "I'm tired, and I could go take a nap, but I think I'm gonna go for a bike ride instead. After all, energy breeds energy ya know!" I LOVE THAT!!! I want to LIVE that out in my life...

She is the older woman that I had been praying for since we moved to Columbus. I just kept praying that an older, wiser woman would step into my life... and God answered so hugely with Cindy!

Last fall, I met her when we worked together out at Leed's Farm. I could see instantly that she has such a peace about her, and I admire that so much.

At that time we were in the heat of wedding planning, and I was stressed to the max. Cindy would just keep reminding me to ENJOY the time... it would go by fast. She was so right!

I was busy trying to micro-manage (imagine that!) every detail of the wedding, and I could get pretty upset with the bride and groom if they didn't see it my way. Cindy had been through 4 weddings with her children, and would just tell me to step back and let them make their own mistakes... oh, and she would say it with a sweet little smile on her face :)! Man, was that hard! But, as I began to relax and let them make decisions, God brought a peace into my heart that I can't explain. I will never forget that advice... I want to keep living that out as the years go on. I know it makes for a happier extended family!

I LOVE meeting at Panera early in the morning with Cindy... I LOVE hearing about her grown children who are all walking with the Lord... I LOVE praying with her... I LOVE her hugs... I LOVE her passion for Christ...

I am looking forward to working with her the next several weekends at Leed's... I will pass along anymore wisdom that she has to give as the time goes on!

Oh, and did I tell you... she makes the most delicious Chocolate Cream Pies :)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today