Little Lambs

I am reading Lev. 5 this morning, thinking how crazy it is that they would have to offer up a lamb for unintentional sin -- thinking about the 600 or so laws they lived by -- What must have that been like?!

Then I read Col 3 and am thinking about how we are to live today. We are to seek things above, not things that are on earth. We are to put away anger, wrath, malice, slander etc. and put on compassion, kindness, humility etc. We are to do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Oh, and then it goes on.... Wives submit to your husbands.

As I am reading this, my husband comes in and asks me to check on my Dad. I *Sigh* and get up, not wanting to be interrupted from my precious time with God. I check on Dad, look at the clock and realize I had better walk now (I need the endorphins). STINK! Looks like a huge thunderstorm is coming. When will I get MY walk in? Mom starts to ask question after question about our local radio stations... she need to find Rush Limbaugh. Kevin then comes back into the kitchen and asks if I can make his lunch... another big *SIGH*... which leads to not the most pleasent interaction.

OK, so in just that short amount of time... how many little lambs would have I had to bring to the priest????

I pray that for today, I can set my mind on things that are above not on things that are on earth. I can realize that I have died and my life is hidden with Christ IN God. Because of the sacrifice that Christ made once and for all -- I do not have to have a back yard full of little lambs just to take care of this morning's sins!

I am FREE to let the peace of Christ rule in my heart.... and I AM THANKFUL!!!

For today, may we:

Col. 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in us richly, teaching one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with THANKFULNESS in our hearts to God.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great thoughts, Karen. Thanks for sharing.
Jennica said…
Wow "a backyard full of little lambs". That's humbling. Thanks for this post.
Karen Shock said…
Thanks for responding Dawn and Jennica... very encouraging!

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today