Dad And His Snoring

I'm in Dad and Mom's bedroom right now... thought I would take a nap on Mom's bed while I wait for the nurse to come at 2:30.  I can't believe how worn out I feel. It's almost like having a newborn again... waking up every four hours to give Dad his medicine.

It's the least I can do right? All the times this man has lost sleep on account of me!

Of course, I am NOT sleeping... just lying here listening to Dad snore and the sound of the oxygen machine.  At this point I think they are both music to my ears.

But... can we talk about Orv's snoring for just a minute?

I know that if you have ever been in a house (maybe even a neighborhood) near my dad while he sleeps, you know that there is nothing... and I do mean NOTHING quite like it!

We have so many stories about Dad's snoring.  The grandkids thinking there is a big old lion in the bedroom.  Leslie (my sister-in-law) sleeping in the car instead because she couldn't take it in the same hotel room with him... and the stories go on and on :).

I have always LOVED his snoring... for real! It has always been a comfort to me.... like a sound machine.  And in the later years, Mom decided to join him and they have made some beautiful music together ;).

I grew up sleeping in their bedroom a whole lot.  I was the youngest of 5 kids and we lived in a pretty small house. Mom and Dad didn't seem to mind at all... and I didn't mind the snoring either! I am so thankful that they both loved snuggling with me.  Wouldn't change that for the world!


Kinda wishing right now that I had a recording of it... weird right?  Most people either hated it or laughed at it (not that I didn't laugh at times!), but I really did love it.  And... I can just about sleep through anything now.

He's snoring right now.

Not like he used too.
Much quieter.
Much more peaceful.
Still music to my ears.

Thank you Jesus for so many wonderful years of beautiful snoring.
Thank you Jesus for my dad!



We're never too old to cuddle with our dad


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today