An Update On Dad

Yesterday was a whirlwind of emotions.  I woke up and it all just hit me like a ton of bricks. Then the tears started... and didn't stop for a very long time.
Went for a walk and the whole time my phone kept going off with msg after msg on Facebook... dear friends (old and new) telling us that you are praying/thinking of us.  And the tears kept coming. Then long talk with my niece... and the tears kept coming. I must say... there was a whole lot of laughter mixed in with those tears, as we reminisced about Dad :)!



Mom, my brother and I met with the hospice team.  Love them. They are very sweet and we can tell they are going to take good care of us.  Not many details about a time frame for everything.  Looks like Dad will come home (he and mom live with us) tomorrow or Saturday. They just need to get some more fluid off of his lungs first.

The Dr. said it is very hard to predict how long a person will last who has congestive heart failure.  That isn't easy for me... I just want to "know".  For now, I will trust in the perfect timing of the One who does know.

Went out to lunch with Bob.  He's my oldest brother... 18 yrs. older in fact!  We talked about funeral stuff.  I am so very thankful for all of his wisdom in this... I haven't really been through this kind thing, and it is such a blessing to have him there just walking the family through it all.

Then, it was back to the hospital. Bill (another brother), Mom and I sat with Dad for a few hours.  As soon as Bill walked in Dad started talking about his years at GM. Oh my goodness... it was awesome.  He was remembering so much!



As Dad talked, I looked over at my brother and tears were streaming down his face.  That isn't easy for a little sister to see. Here come the tears again even as I type this.

It is so very beautiful though. Hard... but beautiful!  We all love our dad so very much.  He has been so good to all of us... in so many different ways.  It's a blessing to have this time with him.

Last night, all of the grandkids began to post pictures of themselves with Dad.  So neat to see how much they all love Papa Orvie!




The texts, fb msgs,  and phone calls just keep coming. With each msg... memories just flood my mind.  We all had some pretty great times with Dad!

As a family, we cannot even begin to tell you how much your words of encouragement and your prayers mean to us!

Bob called this morning after he had been at the hospital.  He said Dad's breathing still doesn't sound good at all.

He also said Dad was really flirting with the nurses --- What else is new :)?!

Our prayer right now is that he would be comfortable.

Thanks again for praying with us ~


Comments

TIM BROWN said…
EKAREN OH MY YOUR DAD IS THE WOULD TO ME HE TAUGHT ME SO MUCH AND I WILL LOVE HIM FOREVER FOR THAT .IT IS SO HADR FOR US TO LET THEM GO BUT KNOW THAT HE IS IN GODS HANDS NOW AND READY TO BE WITH HIS HEAVENLY FAMILY .MOM GRANDMA GRANDPA AUNT VADA AUNT EILEEN AUNT LOIS AND ALL THE REST .IT HAS BEEN SUCH A GREAT LIFE FOR HE AND AUNT PUNLIE JUST ENJOY THE LIFE HE GAVE YOU AND KEVIN AND HE WILL ALWAYS BE A PART OF US .AS AS SIMBA SAID REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE .A HEILSHORN

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today