Addicted?

We were all sitting around the kitchen table last night when it happened.
I was called out for my addiction.
Actually, I think our whole family was called out on it.

The conversation was about what it means to have an addiction. Our young friend, who was sitting at the table, said very bluntly "I know what your addicted to."

I immediately braced myself for what would come out of her mouth next...

Sugar?  Yes.
Caffeine?  Yep.
Chocolate?  Of course.
Sleep?  Probably.

Then it came out...

"You are addicted to God."

Yes.... it's true.

I am absolutely addicted to God.

Just looked up the definition of "addicted".
Smiled when I read it.


ad·dict·ed/əˈdiktid/

Adjective:
  1. Physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
  2. Enthusiastically devoted to a particular thing or activity.



Thought it was funny when she first said it.
She believes so differently than our family.
To her... we look crazy addicted.

Then today, the more I thought about it, the more I realized....

It is actually a whole lot more than just an addiction.

JESUS IS MY LIFE.
HE LIVES IN ME.
HE IS MY HOPE.
HE IS MY EVERYTHING.

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.  For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.    
Phil. 3:8





Comments

Ashlee said…
That's awesome!! If only all who saw our lives would see us living in a way that shows our utter need for Him! So glad you are being a light to many's paths!

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

His Grace is ENOUGH for me!