Happy Birthday Lance!

Mr. Alanson Joshua David Shock.
















Today... we celebrate you!

12 years old.

Some call you Alanson.
Some call you Lance the Pance.
Some call you Mance.
Grandpa Orv calls you Twerp.
One sweet little girl calls you Uncle Mance.

Whatever your name is... today I want you to know that you are so very loved... by so many!

I remember the day you were born.  
17 days early.
You insisted on arriving on Grandma Punkie's birthday...
How fun was that?

You were named after your great, great grandfather.
Alanson Huff.
People still can't figure out how to pronounce it...
We just smile and say "Call him Lance".

Your name means "happy one".
Anyone who knows you will agree it is the perfect fit.

Remember when you were 2 yrs. old and I used to call you my little stud muffin?
Then one day you came up to me and said "momma, I an egg."
I replied "egg?  you are an egg?"
You quickly said "an egg muffin".   
That story still makes me smile!

You have brought so much joy to our lives.

You are a stinkin good athlete.
You are such a servant.
You know how to hang with the big guys, and you are precious with the little kiddos.

Most importantly... You love Jesus and He shines through you!

A true blessing indeed!

Oh... and did you notice?  
The green blog colors?
Just for you!

I love you more than words can say!

[If you are reading this and you love Lance too... leave him a msg on here.  He isn't quite old enough to have a Facebook page (next year Lance!).  So this would be the place to say something :).  It is easy to do.... just click on the "comments" below.]





Comments

Derek said…
Happy Birthday Lance! I learned a little bit about you on this blog post. We're so grateful for you. I really enjoyed watching you play baseball this past summer. I think you might have a good future in athletics.
Lanson Joshua David~ Happy birthday!!! It's sad not getting to make you a green cake this year. :( We Snavely's are sending much love from the Hoosier state!!! We miss you and are thankful for your precious life! So many good Lance stories, but one of my favorites? "What can I give Him? I'll give me my----HEART!" ;) You are awesome. Run hard after Jesus!!! He alone is good. He alone will satisfy and empower and fill and use you!!! Love you!
Anonymous said…
Happy birthday, Lance! I hope year #12 is one of great fun and joy!
Ashley Martin :)
Kyler Kaye said…
Happy Birthday Pants. Love you man. Can't wait to see you soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

His Grace is ENOUGH for me!