The Touch Tree

The touch tree.

Who I am.

Everything God has made me to be.

All my experiences?

They are the soil. 

My past, all mixed in together.

The good and the bad.

The hardest moments.

The most glorious times.

All working together for good.

All growing me into me.

Producing a tree that gives fruit.

That needs to be watered.

Rained on.

In order to bring life.

To flourish.

These hard memories.

The brokenness.

The tears.

They aren’t for nothing.

The hope that springs up from the ground.

The love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, and self control.

It all comes from the depths of the Earth.

Rooted in Jesus.

My weaknesses and hardships.

My times of weeping and pain.

Grow me up to be a strong, steady, place of refuge.

Learning today to be grateful for the soil of my life.

Thank you @glennondoyle for the beautiful illustration. 

I want this to sink deep down into my soul.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

His Grace is ENOUGH for me!