Bubbles

Toward the end of our Cruiser's class Sunday morning...
We had used up all of our tricks.
I had danced for the 3 year olds.
Lance played baseball, soccer and cars with them.
We read about God.
We sang about God.
And spiders.
And bumblebees.
We ate Goldfish for a snack.
There were potty breaks.
Lots of laughter...
And tears.

We had done it all in an hour and a half.
Well... almost all.
There was still one trick up our sleeves.

Bubbles!
Normally Lance does this job.
Today, he let me have the pleasure.
I can't begin to explain how much these kiddos love bubbles.
But as I was busy blowing them...
And they were busy chasing and popping them.
I noticed something.
 I would blow the bubbles.
They would chase them.
And then...
They would all just look around at each other.
Or down at the floor...
Wondering where the bubble went.

Except Elliot.
He seemed to understand something that the other little ones did not.
As soon as he had popped the bubbles in front of him...
He would turn and look right back up at me!
It was so fun to watch him.
He just got it.
Instead of wanting to chase or look for the other kid's bubbles...
He simply looked up.
To the bubble maker.
To the source of the bubbles.

How often do I look around?
Look to others to provide my happiness?
When I should just take a minute and focus?
Lift my head up!
Up to the Maker of Everything.
The Giver of Grace.
He provides!

Eyes up Karen!
Eyes on the Bubble Maker.
The Bubble Provider.

One more thing.
Little Elliot?
He had this smile on his face.
This look of expectation when he turned toward me.
It gave me such joy to know that he "got it".
He understood.

Psalm 121:1,2
I lift my eyes up to the hills -
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

His Grace is ENOUGH for me!