Celebrating 20 Years Today!

Yep... it's been 20 years.
Crazy, I know.

                      

 Seems fitting that we would be under a Winter Storm Warning today.
Our wedding took place in the midst of what felt like the 'Blizzard of 93'.


I remember standing downstairs a half an hour before the wedding was about to start, and asking my sister-in-law if anyone was even up there... it had been snowing since the night before.  She laughed and told me they were having to set up chairs in the very back.  I'm thinking people knew we all had something to celebrate that evening!

After all, I was marrying THE KEVIN SHOCK... #9 on the DHS football and baseball teams.  The kid had stolen my heart a few years back, and I honestly couldn't believe that we were actually getting married!



Not that it was all roses... you can read about our story here.

It's just that God had a plan to lavishly shed His grace on us.
Kev and I know to this day how undeserving we were/are of His love for us.

Our marriage has in no way been perfect.
If you know us at all, you know we can fight with the best of them.

Here's the thing though, we just know that we are in this together.
We are a team.
We function best as a couple when we remember this.
                                                             


This life isn't easy.

These past couple of years have NOT been easy.
We have walked through more death than ever before.
I have shed so many tears... and my husband has held me through most of them.
His sweet smile and awesome bear hugs have been just what the doctor ordered.


In the midst of the pain though... we have had some pretty special times this past year.

We took our first ever family mission trip to Haiti.
Kev lost his luggage and didn't have it the entire time...
The man did not complain once!
Can you even imagine if that would have been me????
I shudder to think about it.


















We went on a cruise.

Had a great time.
My husband is a whole lot of fun.
He even busted out a couple of songs in the piano bar.
Love him.





















And we just added the 9th member to the 'Shock Nation'.
Little Livia Ann Good.
Everyone says she looks just like her Uncle Lance.
The Shock genes are strong, I tell ya :)!

















So tonight, we will go out for dinner.
We will talk about the last 20 years...
God's faithfulness to us through the good times and the bad.
Kevin will point me to Jesus in it all.

And... We will dream about what God has for us in the next 20 years.


















Then.... we will come home and watch OSU beat Indiana.
Cuz that's what we do.
We are a team.
And I love it.


















I love you Kevin Charles Shock.
Thanks for marrying me 20 years ago!














Comments

Leslie said…
God is so good. We are blessed to help celebrate with you your 20 years of marriage. Thank you for your example to us and to our boys. Keep looking up and I have every confidence that you will be blessed with another 20 years.
Congrats and Love,
Steve & Leslie
Amy said…
I still have a few hours left to say "thanks." Thanks for your example, as Leslie said. Through "better & worse", Billy & I have been able to watch you & Kevin let Jesus be more than enough for both of you....we have been pointed to the ONE who can satisfy our deepest needs, not our spouse, but Jesus! Thankful that you guys know how to wrestle problems, chew on the deep things of God, & just enjoy being together. We are 8 years shy of your 20 and I pray that we can say the same when we arrive at 2 decades together!

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

Celebrating Today

The Touch Tree