Crazy Thought

So, I was downstairs exercising this morning, and because I was pretty close to death (need desperately to get into better shape), I had this thought…

What would happen if I keeled over and died right now?

To that I answered…

It would be great.  I told God that I would absolutely love to see Him right now... that I totally trust Him with my husband and my children if He wants to take me home right now!

A very sweet peace came over me right then.

I trust God in my dying.

Then I thought…

What is wrong with me that I don't trust Him in my living????  I don't totally trust Him with my husband and my children if He wants to keep me here on this earth today.

Crazy thought huh?  It kinda seems like the worry and anxiety that I carry around day to day is based on the premise that I am in some sort of control… as long as I am here to save the day (or ruin it) of course.

For today… I am going to set my heart and mind on 1 Peter 5:6,7

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.


He did not choose to take me home while in the midst of my workout.

I am still here, but the God of the Universe is still in control.

Join me in resting and trusting that He cares for our families more than we do…

God, help us by the power of the Holy Spirit to live in that freedom today!







Comments

Leslie said…
Thanks for being faithfully even in the mist of your very faceted life. Between your parents, grand baby,kids, husband, She Has A Name, church, family and your heart for the lost and hurting, I think you are doing great. Maybe you should consider adding to your day by putting your "Crazy thoughts" together and write a book. Love the way God reveals himself to you!! Keep up the good and faithful work. Love Ya
Anonymous said…
Great Thoughts Karen! I am thankful God is leading you through such powerful truths... I am also thankful the God is keeping you hear for the time being!

-Brad

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

His Grace is ENOUGH for me!