His Grace is ENOUGH for me!

I am sitting here this morning thinking and praying about how to say all I want to say right now.  I feel like I might have had a breakthrough with my fears this morning. I have had more than a few "lightbulb moments" in my struggle with anxiety.

This revalation was brought on by my hearing about Stephanie Spielman's death last night.  As soon as I heard it, my stomach was in knots.  I wish I could say that it is because I felt bad for her family and friends, but if I am being honest...  I was thinking about me.  I KNOW!!!  How absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! 

When things like this happen, I immediately try to imagine myself and my family going through it...  and I get scared...it's so selfish...  it's what any good hypochondriac would do...  bring the focus back to me!

One thing that I was taught long ago in my battle with hypochondria was that God will not give me the grace for my imagination.  The people who are actually going through the trial...  those are the ones He gives the grace to... not to me just trying to imagine what it might be like. 

This morning as I was praying about it, I realized that God does not give me the grace for my imagination, but he DOES give me the grace that I need to fight in the battle of my thoughts!  He DOES give me the grace that I need to get through the day without cancer, loving Him, serving others, praying for the unreached peoples of the world! 

I just realized that instead of longing for the grace that He gives others in their times of need,  I need to realize that HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR ME TODAY.... 

I have had Chris Tomlin's song Your Grace Is Enough in my head all morning....  LOVE IT!!! 

Thanking God that His GRACE is working in the Spielman's house today...  and in the Shock house!

Comments

Anonymous said…
How cool is it, the more you are connected to Him, the more He can reveal His blessings to you!! His grace is mind boggling. God is Good.
Blessing, Leslie
gail said…
Karin as someone from a family of three people in this country (husband and son being the other two) I look on your posts with almost envy. How can someone have so much family, so much love and so much support.
I want to send you my story Karin.It may just help you.
Oh and i am way too ill to get to Passion. Are you going?

Love an dhugs ,

Gail
Karen Shock said…
Gail... I would LOVE to hear your story!!! We are going to Passion, but as leaders this time... taking some of our college students.
Love you too!
Karen Shock said…
Thanks Leslie! I couldn't agree more. Looking forward to seeing you in a few days :)!!

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today