A Year Ago Today


Our lives changed forever.
Dad was admitted into hospice.

I was entering into one of the sweetest months of my life.
Who knew I would look back on that time with such fondness?

I'm sitting on my Dad's swing watching the sunset and reading my blogposts from then.
First time I've reread them.

I'm so glad that there is a record of all that went down that last month.
I can't believe how much I had forgotten.

What I remember most about that time is how supportive so many of you were through the whole process.
So many encouraging words and so many prayers on our behalf.

This past year hasn't been easy.
So many more tears have been shed than I would ever have expected.
So much time spent missing my dad.
So hard to watch Mom move on without her husband of 62 years.

God has been present though...
I'm hoping to blog some this month and just put my thoughts out there.
Thoughts on my dad, Heaven, this life etc.

It seems like the perfect time to blog.
The weather, the trees, the air... everything reminds me that there is a very important anniversary coming.

I think I wanna round out this past year by reflecting on how God has worked in all of our hearts.
He was faithful through that month of saying goodbye...
And is still faithful one year later.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today