This Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

So much to give thanks for.
Even through the tears.

Missing Dad this morning.
First real holiday without him.
Wish I could share a raisin pie with him.
And I don't even like raisin pie :).

Even more... scared of what these next few weeks will look like.
Christmas was Dad's favorite.
He loved putting up the lights and tree.
He loved our snoring santa.
My dad was the best Santa Claus ever!

But... through the tears today... I will remember all the beautiful times we had with him and enjoy this day with the rest of our family.

He would want it that way.

If he were here, seeing me cry... he would tickle me until it hurt!

Thankful today for:
 Such a beautiful day here in Ohio.
A husband who just puts his arm around me in these times.
Our precious momma who just counts her blessings daily.
Cheesy potatoes.
Long walks on these beautiful days.
The Macy's parade... watching it with our kids... telling them every year about how I marched in it.
Monkey bread baking.
Chris Tomlin Christmas CD.
Memories.
The chance to make new ones.
God's word that tells me how He binds up the brokenhearted.
Family and friends who understand and continue to point me to Jesus.
Jesus.

I'm praying that you have a beautiful Thanksgiving Day...
And that God will be near through the joy and the tears.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today