A Sweet Message

Here is the video I spoke about at Dad's memorial service.
It's of our granddaughter...
She and her momma were staying with us while Dad was home on Hospice.
Late one night we were looking at old pictures to use for Dad's slideshow.
Sweet little Kessa found a picture of her mom and dad when they first started dating.

She held that picture in her hand and as she looked at it, huge crocodile tears started running down her face.
We were all just sitting there stunned as she let us know how much she missed her daddy.  It had been a few days since he had been there... and she knew it!

Alyssa decided to put her husband on the phone.  As 3 yr. old Kessa spoke (cried) with her daddy, our Lance decided to get out our ipod and videotape it.

Here it is...
Wait!  First... make sure you pause the music at the bottom of this page.





After that night... and after we had watched the video several times,  I began to think about how much I was gonna miss my daddy when he was gone.

During those last couple days of Dad's life, I would slip into his room, hold his hand, and whisper into his ears  "I just really love you so much" and "I am really gonna miss you so much".  

As I was walking through the grocery store yesterday, I realized pretty quickly this was my first real shopping trip since Dad has been gone.

I kept wanting to go to certain sections to look for his favorites... raisin pie,  Ho Hos, chicken noodle soup.

As the new reality began to sink in, I just smiled and said that sweet little Kessa line to myself...  "I just really miss you so much".

And it's true... I miss my daddy!  But, like I said at the memorial service, I know that my Heavenly Father is near... and He wraps His loving arms around me while I begin to get used to the fact that my earthly father is no longer here.

Jesus Christ suffered and died on the cross so that I/we could be adopted as daughters/sons of God!  Such an amazing truth that I will cling to for as long as I live.

You see, in this life... for as long as I continue to have breath,  I will be fatherless.  That is my new reality. No more giving my precious daddy a Father's Day card.  No more sitting on his lap as he rocks and sings to me.... and I could go on and on.

Our God says however, that He is a Father to the fatherless!!!  And I know that He has been so very present and near this whole time!

My dad was pretty incredible!
Not perfect... pretty darn ornery in fact!
But... pretty incredible!

He loved us kids unconditionally.
He knew how to quiet us with his love.
He was always there for us.

And as amazing as my daddy was...
That was just a glimpse of how our Heavenly Father loves us!

Zeph 3:17  The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Thank you Jesus for making it possible for me to call The God of The Universe "Daddy"!  

And... Thank you Daddy for telling me about Jesus!


Comments

Unknown said…
Oh my word. Tears. So precious.

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick

The Touch Tree

Celebrating Today